KOJAIN Merit Scholarship Program – 2021
A onetime KOJAIN Merit Scholarship of $1000.00 awarded to North American High School graduating qualified students, entering college/university to pursue further studies. A maximum of 3 scholarships will be awarded for the 2021 year.
Parents of applicants must be Life Members of KOJAIN. If you are not a life member you can still become life member and apply for the Merit Scholarship. Membership Link.
- Provide your email address on the application. Your application receipt will be sent to this email address.
- All materials submitted with the application will become the property of KOJAIN and will not be returned under any circumstances. If needed, make a copy of the information for yourself before mailing.
- Applicant will be notified of Judges’ decision by the 2nd week of November 2021.
- A list of winners will appear on the KOJAIN website at kojain.org and will be published in the December issue of KOJAIN newsletter.
- The KOJAIN Scholarship program is administered by the scholarship committee appointed by the KOJAIN Board of Directors and is made possible by KOJAIN members’ tax-deductible contribution to the KOJAIN scholarship fund.
- Graduated High School seniors planning to attend an accredited college or university full-time in the fall of 2021.
- Applicant whose parents are KOJAIN Life Members as of September 3rd, 2021.
- Grade point average of at least 3.0 on an unweighted 4.0 scale.
- Essays need to submitted by September 3rd, 2021
Your package must contain the following Documents:
- Submit a 4-year high school transcript, including the 2020-2021 school year. Photocopies are acceptable. If mailed by the school, the transcript must still be post-marked by the deadline given elsewhere.
- Copies of American College Testing (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Testing (SAT), or any other entrance examination scores. (optional)
- List and briefly describe any awards and/or extracurricular services and activities on separate pages (not to exceed two pages). Please provide enough information so that the selection committee will understand the nature of your services and activities.
- A photograph in .jpeg format that can be published in the newsletter
- Essay Requirements & Topics are given below.
- Write an essay in which you develop your point of view on any one of the topics presented below. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your readings, studies, experiences, or observations. The typed (double-spaced) essay must be at least 500 words but, must not exceed 800 words in Times New Roman Font, 12 point
- How has the 2020 COVID19 pandemic affected your outlook on life?
- Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
- If you were to give a very important speech or a TED talk, what would it be about?
Where to send your application:
- Please upload all documents to Google Drive and send a link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Merit Scholarship Program
KOJAIN continuously strives very hard to bind, support and stimulate progress amidst the North American Kachchhi Oswal Jain residing in North America and Canada in many walks of life. EDUCATION is one of the key aspects of progress. Scholarship Committee under the KOJAIN Executive Committee has launched this year’s SCHOLARSHIP 2016.
Children of KOJAIN Life Members graduating from the High school from North American and entering colleges/universities for higher education are eligible to apply for one-time scholarship.
KOJAIN has formed a host family network in North America for the benefit of Kachchhi Students coming from India for higher studies here in the United States and Canada. The host families may also host Kachchhi Youths born and/or raised in the U.S., who are visiting other states for college search, job hunting or even for recreational purposes and desiring room and board on a very temporary basis (1 to 2 days).
KOJAIN provides Interest free financial assistance to needy persons in the community of Kachchhi Oswal Jains in North America. Loan program is available for Students as well as for people in need.
To read more about the loan program please click here…